As a trailblazer of manufacturing food colours in India, Ajanta started its escapade under the name 'Anant Chemical Industries’ in 1948, when the nation was importing it from European countries. In 1972, the company changed its name to ‘Ajanta Chemical Industries. '
In 1976, Ajanta Chemical Industries started export of raw material colour of dyes & food additives, which had sudden demand worldwide for Denims. Since then, we began making DOP, Baking Powder, Calcium Propionate & Detergents etc. and started developing raw materials of food additives.
We started opening a chain of factories at Mayapuri, New Delhi (1969), Peera Garhi, New Delhi (1972) and Sahibabad, Uttar Pardesh (1993), Sohna(1996). We started our first plant at Bhiwadi, Rajasthan in 2001. From there, we opened plants at the same locale in 2004, 2007, 2011, 2016 and consolidated other factories in Bhiwadi.
In 2000, Ajanta Chemical Industries won the ARCH of EUROPE award at Paris, France for its superior quality and performance. Now Ajanta Chemical Industries has handed over the business baton to its third generation.